Love Eau Claire is “Positively impacting the city of Eau Claire by freely meeting the practical and spiritual needs of individuals and local organizations.”
This event will be geared towards families of the Eau Claire Area School District that are in need. They will feel supported by their local community and be given the chance to hear about resources that are available to them!
Local families will be purchasing supplies for the families that are in need. Families helping families!
Come and request clothing and school supplies, receive a warm meal, haircuts, games and prizes, groceries from Feed My People, and a warm smile!
EXCITING NEW CHANGES! READ BELOW!
This Spring and early Summer we had many people weigh in on the event that Peace Church has done in the past. It was great to hear input from a variety of people. Most people agreed that when the event was first created, there was a huge need for a backpack drive. However, as other groups have had events the need has decreased. After these discussions, a new plan was developed and created. This plan is detailed down below.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
-Can you help at the event? Can you sponsor a family/child by purchasing clothing and school supplies for them? Can you help organize the clothing and backpacks when they arrive to Peace Church? Can you deliver the items to the schools?
(Helping others through the event, serving, organizing games and activities, haircuts, carrying bags, anything!)
-Do you know a hair cutter? Please invite them!
WHAT WILL THE EVENT BE LIKE?
EXAMPLE: AT THE EVENT
Family arrives to Phoenix Park.
Family fills out a form detailing the needs and sizes of each of their school-aged children.
Family turns in the form at the event.
The rest of the event the family receives free haircuts, meals, groceries, games, etc…
Many outside groups are present and able to offer education on how these families can utilize their resources.
More connections are made.
AFTER THE EVENT
1. All of the forms are organized by Elementary Schools.
2. Peace Church takes all of the forms for the entire family belonging to Lakeshore, Longfellow, & Manz Elementary Schools.
Peace Families then purchase clothing, backpacks, and school supplies for these families.
These items are collected at Peace and brought to the schools before the first day.
3. All of the other forms are delivered to the Partnership Coordinators of the corresponding schools.
4. Peace Church helps other schools develop partnerships with neighboring Churches and Groups if not developed already.
5. Other Churches and Groups work to help meet the needs of the children in need at the schools around them.
6. The Churches and Groups then deliver their items to the schools.
7. New partnerships are formed!
1. All of these Churches and Groups will be present at the event. They will help assist and plan for the future.
2. Hopefully, it becomes less of doing our own things as separate groups. My hope would be that it would unite us together and we can LOVE EAU CLAIRE!
WHAT HAS CHANGED?
- No forms or documentation.
-School Supplies purchased by Peace Church budget.
-Gave out backpacks and clothing at the Event
-Lots of coordinating before the event.
-No way of purchasing accurate school supplies for each grade level.
-No education on outside groups willing to help these families.
-Extremely long lines at the event.
-All the best items were chosen first.
-No personal connection.
-Fill out a form for each school aged child.
-Peace Church families select a family/child to purchase items/clothing for.
-School Supplies purchased by Peace Church families.
-Personal connection with who you are purchasing the item for.
-Many outside groups able to help attend and assist these families.
-Lots of coordinating after the event.
-Shorter lines at the event.
-Each child is given a unique gift specifically for them.
-Backpacks and clothing will be at the schools by the first day.