Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind... Repeat them again and again to your children...), Ephesians 6: 1-4 (fathers, bring them up with discipine and instruction approved by the Lord...), Psalm 78: 1-4 (... will tell the next generation ...), Matthew 28: 19-20 ( go make disciples teaching and baptizing...).
The Bible tells us to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. We need to be intentional about "abiding in Christ", giving Him our hearts, our love and seeking Him first.
The Bible also tells us to train our children in the way of the Lord. Spiritual formation for our families, our children, starts in our home, the primary faith influencer. The church is secondary, offering tools to help. Our faith, our homes and the church, together form an inseparable partnership in faith formation.
Our Family Ministry mission statement is: Peace will support our families by connecting and guiding parents in building Christ centered, "faith-living" homes.
- Communication: Identify parent needs and communicate tools and programs to support them in meeting those needs.
- Community: Create opportunities for parents to connect with their spouse, their children, other parents and the church in order to build a strong sense of community.
- Education: Develop ongoing educational opportunities to guid parents engaging their families for Christ from birth to adulthood using the Faith Stepping Stones.
"Family Time" is a term used to describe fun, intentional, spiritual lessons in the home. For some, the term "Family Time" may conjure up visions of adults and children playing a board game or watching a movie together. But here, Family Time represents so much more. In addition to spending fun time together, Family Time lessons are used to teach the word of God, specific Christian values, character qualities, AND... there are lessons for every age group in your home!
We encourage families to do a lesson once a week. Hopefully, you can take 20 minutes or less out of your busy week to provide home-based spiritual training for your children.
To get started:
1. Visit www.famtime.com
2. Login for Total Access (in the upper right hand corner)
User name: peacechurch
3. Choose from over 200 lessons to begin using in your home
Family Connection Team Newsletter
Family Resource Book