Peace Lutheran Church was organized on August 20, 1959, following the purchase of ten acres of land by the North Wisconsin/Upper Michigan District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, for the purpose of establishing a mission congregation in the newly developing Putnam Heights area.
Construction of the new church began in November 1960 and was completed in the spring of 1961. Because of rapid growth, ground was broken in the spring of 1989 for the construction of a new sanctuary. Membership soon exceeded 900 people, creating the need for more classroom space, as well as a fellowship hall and enlarged kitchen. In June of 1995 construction of the second addition began. As the Holy Spirit continued to bring more people to Peace, a third building project was necessary. This latest endeavor, started in 2005, led to the construction of the Community Life Center, Gathering Place, kitchen, and education center. Office space was added, and much of the original facility was remodeled, including the sanctuary (now called the Spiritual Life Center), the fellowship hall and classrooms, and the original church building, which now serves as a youth area. The Peace facility was re-dedicated in September 2007.
As the Peace community journeys together into the future, we are confident that God will continue to use this church to reach out to the Chippewa Valley and beyond.